Follow Assembly 2012 on Social Media
The final issue of The Assembled News, more videos and audio
files will be posted here after staff return to Winnipeg and
re-assemble our offices and computer gear next week. Thanks for
following Assembly 2012 and Dusting of the Bible for the 21st Century
Watch our Facebook
page or check back here.
Daily News Sheet
Photo Gallery (on Flickr)
Messages, Talks and Studies
- Friday, July 13:
- Gerald Gerbrandt: Dusting Off the Bible
- Audio download.mp3* (1st few minutes
- Presentation/Background Notes [PDF] (readers are encouraged to listen to the audio above in addition to reading these notes to comprehensively benefit from the insights offered in this material)
- Sheila Klassen Wiebe 2 Kings 21:1 - 23:30 Bible Study:
- Saturday, July 14:
- Tom Yoder Neufeld: Luke 24:13-35
- Sheila Klassen Wiebe Luke 24:13-35 Bible Study:
- Gerald Gerbrandt: Dusting Off the Bible (II):
- Video on YouTube
- Presentation Notes [PDF] (readers are encouraged to listen to the audio above in addition to reading these notes to comprehensively benefit from the insights offered in this material)
- Sunday, July 14:
- Tom Yoder Neufeld: 2 Corinthians 3
Becoming a Faithful Church 4 on Friday
* - Best with high
Mennonite Church Canada Assemblies have a long history of
using a particular biblical text as a theme. This year we will continue
to worship and study together - but there will be more time to sharpen
our skills for study and interpreting scripture for our time. Read more...
Special events in conjunction with Assembly
Please refer all questions to Coreena von Kampen.
After June 15th, only Assembly Registrations are available in person in
Vancouver, July 12 -15
Book: Please download the Registration
Book* (updated April 30, 2012) and
read it carefully before registering. Please refer all questions to Coreena von Kampen.
*Best with high speed internet.
Bringing a guest?
Only guests registered for Assembly 2012 qualify for the
Mennonite Church Canada subsidized hotel and meal plan rates. If you
are bringing a guest who wishes to share the hotel room and/or
participate in the meal plan but will not attend assembly, some
additional fees apply:
• Lodging: $52 (per night)
• Breakfast: $15
• Lunch: $25
If you are a workshop presenter, guest speaker, or Mennonite
Church Canada staff please email Coreena von Kampen to
We strongly urge every congregation to be represented as fully
as possible at this year’s assembly. Please download the Delegate
Certificate Form, fill it out and return by June 1, 2012:
• Assembly Registration closes
• Hotel room reservations close
• Meal Plan reservations close
*Note:* If you reserve your lodging directly
with the hotel, you may be charged the full rate.
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Vancouver, BC
7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, BC
See our Maps page for more about the location.
To help prepare for Assembly 2012, please download the
You are invited to advertise at Mennonite Church Canada’s 2012
Assembly. Please download the Assembly
2012 Advertiser Form.
Terms: We reserve the
right to accept or decline any advertiser at our own discretion.
More information will be posted here as it becomes available.