©Mennonite Heritage Centre 2002
Last updated April 17, 2002
Title: Crosshill Mennonite Church fonds
Extent: 8 cm of textual records
The Crosshill Mennonite church was initially part of the larger Wellesley Amish Mennonite congregation who began services in 1949 in Millbank in a former Presbyterian church building. It's membership was part of the Maple View Mennonite Church's membership prior until 1970 when it became independant and named the Crosshill Mennonite Church. From 1970-1988 it was an affliated congregation of the Western Ontario Mennonite Conference, which became a part of Mennonite Conference of Eastern Canada in 1988. The membership was 160 in 1970. In 1980 the membership was 190. Then in 1990 it was 136 and 138 in 2000. The leaders of the congregation were: Stevanus Gerber (1970-1985), Raymond Erb (1986-1994), James Gerber (1995- ).
This fonds contains bulletins (1997)which document the weekly activities of the congregation and its participants.
Inventory file list available.
No restrictions on access.
Textual records have been deposited by the congregation at the Mennonite Heritage Centre. Described by Bert Friesen 12 March 2002.