© Mennonite Heritage Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba (Last updated 26 February 2008)
Retrieval numbers: 4907-4908
Title: Kitchener Evangelical Mennonite Missions Church fonds
Extent: 39 cm of textual records
Repository: Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives
The Kitchener Evangelical Mennonite Church was began services in 1970, a year after a Sunday School had been organized for recent Mexican Mennonite immigrants of Dutch/North German cultural identity. The congregation was affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference (EMMC) since 1971. The William (Bill) Stoesz family moved to Kitchener to give direction to this emerging group in 1970. It was also in 1970 that a building was purchased at Roseville, Ontario. In 1976 the Peter Buhler family moved to Ontario and assumed responsibilities at the church and moved the meeting place to the former Rosebank school. In 1978 Peter Giesbrecht began his service at the church, at which time the group sold the building and moved into rented space at Emmanuel Bible College. The work of the congregation was discontinued temporarily in 1983 when Peter Giesbrecht left for Belize on assignment in 1983. In 1985 the services are begun again with the help of the Aylmer, Ontario church, and became more stable in 1986 when Isaac Brown become the pastor. At various times the congregation has been known as the Roseville EMMC Church or the Rosebank EMMC Church. On May 16, 1986 the congregation voted to change the name of the church to the Kitchener Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Kitchener EMMC). The church closed in the early 1991 and the last pastor was Jake Heinrichs.
Brotherhood and board minutes and reports, correspondence, Sunday school attendance rerords and meeting minutes, membership records including transfer of memberships, Christian Endeavour program outlines, Ladies groups records, mission minutes and reports and financial records. The files show the growth and development this congregation.
Finding aid consists of a series description and a file list.
Peter Buhler fonds, William (Bill) Stoesz fonds, EMMC Conference fonds, Peter Giesbrecht fonds.
The records were created by the church and transferred to the EMMC conference offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba after the church closed. Martha Martens selected the records that were transferred to the Mennonite Heritage Centre in 1999.
Described by Conrad Stoesz December 18, 2000. Accession no. 99-139.
- Membership dues. -- 1974.
- 1 Reports, Correspondence, and minutes from the Kitchener EMMC Church. -- 1986-1990. -- Note: Included is correspondence regarding the change of names from Rosebank EMMC to EMMC Kitchener.
- Correspondence regarding the sale of the Rosebank EMMC property. -- 1983-1985.
- Rosebank EMMC Church Sunday School Attendance records. -- 1981-1982.
- EMMC Kitchener, church income. -- 1988-1990.
- Christian Endeavor Program outlines. -- 1977-1983.
- Sunday School meeting minutes. -- 1970-1975.
- Board Meetings and Brotherhood meetings. -- 1972-1974.
- Board Meeting minutes. -- 1974-1976.
- Tithing records. -- 1976-1990.
- Church building fund, Sunday School funds, and church income records. -- 1970-1977.
- Ein Bedutungsvolles Leben/ Crusade Evangelism International (Catechism lessons 1-8). -- [198?].
- Certificate and Registration of Rev. Peter Giesbrecht to perform marriages. -- 1967-1971.
- Transfer of Membership certificates. -- 1972-1982.
- Church membership record book. -- 1970-1981.
- Financial reports. -- 1969-1983.
- Missions contributions. -- 1971-1973.
- Loan correspondence. -- 1975-1981.
- Regarding the sale of the Rosebank/Roseville EMMC church. -- 1978-1983.
- Reports and minutes. -- 1988-1990.
- Church Membership and transfer of membership documents. -- 1979-1987.
- Church Membership applications. -- 1973-1981.
- Church board and Brotherhood meeting minutes. -- 1980.
- Church Brotherhood meeting minutes. -- 1979.
- Church Board and Brotherhood meeting minutes. -- 1978.
- Church Board and Brotherhood meeting minutes. -- 1977.
- Various minutes. -- 1973.
- Annual Meeting reports. -- 1979-1983.
- EMMC Conference Planning Minutes. -- 1980-1981.
- Ontario Field Council Minuets and Missions Meeting Minutes. -- 1976-1977.
- EMMC constitution, Student loans program, and various correspondence. -- [1983?].
- Minutes and reports for the Rosebank EMMC Church. -- 1981-1983.
- Rosebank EMMC Ladies' Aid Finances. -- 1982-1983.
- Ontario Ladies Committee. -- 1976-1983.
- Ontario Ladies Committee. -- 1975-1982.
- Insurance policies for the Rosebank EMMC Cherish. -- 1978-1983.
- Copy of land title and building permit. -- 1978.
- Property tax refund and name change documents. -- 1979-1983.
- Mennonite Bicentennial Commission. -- 1982-1983.
- Kitchener Ladies Aid finances and minutes. -- 1973-1981.
- Ladies Aid minutes, reports, and correspondence. -- 1970-1983.
- Food Committee. -- 1981.
- Ontario Ladies Committee. -- 1984-1989.
- German catechism lessons. -- [198?].
- Register of marriages. -- 1971-1980.
- Financial ledger. -- 1978.
- Financial ledger. -- 1979-1983.
- Financial ledger. -- 1979-1983.
- Financial ledger. -- 1984-1988.
- Financial ledger. -- 1988-1991.