In October, 2004, Mennonite Church Canada launched this online congregational database. It is intended to make congregational information readily available to other congregations as well as those who are interested in attending a Mennonite church in their area of Canada.
Congregations are asked to keep their information up-to-date. Please take a moment to get familiar with the process for updating your congregation’s on-line profile. The following instructions will help you become familiar with the database and how you can edit data for your home congregation
The address for this directory is www.mennonitechurch.ca/directory/; if your congregation has its own web site, you are encouraged to add this link for quick reference. We are grateful to Mennonite Church Eastern Canada and Mennonite Foundation of Canada for their financial support of this project.
Finding a Congregation:
- To find information on a particular church, click on “Congregations” on the left hand side of your screen.
- From this screen, you are able to search all of MC Canada
- To refine your search, choose an area church from the drop down menu and click “search.”
- To further refine your search to a specific church, city or town,
use the search window.
For example: if you are looking for churches in Saskatoon, enter “Saskatoon” into the search field and then choose “Mennonite Church Saskatchewan” from the drop down menu. If you are looking for churches in both Saskatoon and Regina, enter “Saskatoon or Regina” into the search field. Click on “Search”. The results will be displayed. Clicking on a congregation name will provide more detail.
Updating your congregation’s record:
Before you start, you will need to know your congregation’s User ID and Password. This information has been sent to you by Mennonite Church Canada. Please store this information in a safe place, and give it only to those in your congregation who are authorized to update your church’s profile.
- Click on “Update your congregation’s record” on the left hand side of your screen
- Enter your log in and password and then click on “log in”
- You will be directed to a welcome screen. Click “Click here to view” to view your congregation’s information
- This screen shows the most recent information that MC Canada has. To update this information, click on “Update this Record”
- Under “Update Congregational Record” you have the ability
to add as much information as you like to your congregation’s
profile (your identification number and password cannot be changed).
Note: The only portion of a congregation’s profile visible to the general public are the church name, church contact information, pastor’s name(s), and area church affiliation. Additional information collected by the database is not visible to the general public.
- When you have completed making changes, click the “Save” button.
- Enter your Name, Phone Number, and Email and click “continue.” A page appears confirming your changes have been saved.
- An email message will automatically notify the Winnipeg office of changes made within 1 business day.
- Click on the “Logout” button when you have finished using the database.
We hope the update process is as straight forward and simple as possible.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about its functionality and usefulness.